Custom + Personalized Orders
* Note | Customs are currently CLOSED *
Please sign up for our newsletter to be informed of when customs re-open and shop updates.
• Ready to Ship Items | shipped within 1-5 business days
• Customized Ready To Ship Items (i.e., chain length, finish, etc) | allow 5 extra business days for alterations
• Made To Order Items | allow 3-4 business WEEKS for them to be created
• Customs are CLOSED
⚠️ 𝔖𝔥𝔬𝔭 𝔄𝔫𝔫𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱 | March 15th - 27th March 18: Houston Oddities & Curiosities Expo March 25: Dallas Oddities & Curiosities Expo
• Order deadline for "Ready to Ship" items is Mon 3/13.
• Orders received after the cut off to Tues, 3/27 will be processed in the order they were received 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 we return.
• We will have limited internet connectivity from 3/15 - 27 as we travel to and vend two different oddities expos.
• Shipping will resume on 3/28.
𝒫𝒮𝒜 | There are only 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 behind this business. We create each piece by hand, prepare each package for shipping, then deliver them in-person to our central post office. We also manage every other aspect of this art business, like communications, website management, online sales, social media, scheduling, public relations, etc. All of this is on top of operating three other art businesses and a brick & mortar shop in the historic French Quarter. We can do all without the benefit of an outsourced production team or bots because we are organized, but we need your help. ALL of the info you need regarding Ordering can be found below, in the Listing Details, and/or in your Order Details.
• Unsure of whether an item is "Ready to Ship" or "Made to Order"? Each listing will note this in the description, in addition to being organized in the appropriate catalog on our Home Page. Feel free to inquire if you need clarification.
• If you have placed an Order, your anticipated shipping time is listed in your Order details.
• Please do not message us on multiple platforms with shipping time inquiries, which only serves to slow down our overall response time.
Standard Order Info & Deadlines
- Processing Times
The time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. In-Stock items ship within 1-5 business days (1-10 business days if customized). Made To Order items ship within 3-4 business WEEKS (as of 2/14/2023).
- Estimated Shipping Times
North America (USPS Priority Mail): 1-3 business days
Canada (USPS First Class International): 2-10 business days
all other locations (USPS First Class International): 6-21 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
- Customs & Import Taxes
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes (i.e., VAT Tax) that may apply. I am not responsible for delays due to customs.
Metal jewelry is not meant to be exposed to damp conditions for extended periods. Please remove your jewelry before bathing, swimming, or strenuous exercise. Metalwork jewelry is prone to deformation and/or breaking when dropped or struck with force. Proper care of your purchase will ensure its long life. Uruz Metals is not responsible for damages caused to products through regular use or misuse.
Returns + Exchanges
I gladly accept exchanges and cancellations. Buyer is responsible for return and exchanged item shipping. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value. I do not accept returns, but please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
- Contact me within: 7 days of delivery
- Ship items back within: 14 days of delivery
- Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
Customized items may be exchanged for a corrected item if they are incorrectly made due to Seller error.
The following items cannot be exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I cannot accept exchanges for:
- Custom or personalized orders
- Intimate items, like earrings (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Wholesale purchase is available to qualifying retailers. I am not currently offering out products for non-local consignment. My line sheet and wholesale terms can be provided upon request. For press and other inquiries, please send me a message.
- Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Big Cartel to provide to me), such as your name, email address, mailing address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
- Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- How Long I Store Your Information
- Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (a) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (b) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
- How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Joshua Gates, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via www.uruzmetals.com.